Over the last decade or so, I have occasionally heard people talk about “Celebrate Recovery” but I never gave it much thought or attention. I knew it had something to do with church. I knew that it was a way to get help for addiction type problems and I knew it was a little similar to AA. Recently, I have educated myself about Celebrate Recovery and I will share with you what I know. The information I present is “in my opinion”. I will start with some bullet points.
- John Baker, is the Founder and Pastor of Celebrate Recovery.
- It was started in 1990 (according to Wikipedia) or in 2001 according to John. (see side note)
- It is a Christ-centered program that started out of Saddleback Church.
- Over 10,500 individuals have gone through the program.
- Over 6,000 individuals have completed the program.
- It is used at over 10,000 churches nationwide.
View original post 776 more words